View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 04:09 PM   #5018
spawn_x
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 186
Haven't posted here in a while.. lot of hours at work and no time for fun. With gas prices the way they have been, and both of my vehicles being large and heavy V8s, the XR became a daily driver / commuter (still in dirt form though). Some random thoughts and questions...

No problems with the 440 kit yet. Hearing some noise from the top, I want to say it sounds like the dipstick is rattling against something will check the valves, but don't think that's it.

Need to figure out the right jetting / carb (stock carb), just doesn't feel the way I think it should. Looking at that bst40 (the polaris carb) when time and money allows

Riding around with a cracked rear (Excel) wheel after hitting a rock (was very low on air), need to get that fixed

I see a lot of straight (supermoto?) type rear fenders - the Acebris ones, are those the same style? Can't find an actual picture.. prefer not to pay 60 dollars for the Aloop or Maier or other fancy names, Acebris ones are cheap, and I want RED

Little caliper screw (one covering the slide shaft) is stuck on the rear again.. need to rebuild the rear m/c, any tips to get it out? Heat it with a torch?

Its great there is still love for the XRs. It is unfortunate that there's nothing on the market now that's as bulletproof as these bikes.. I did ask the guys at Scott's what they thought about USD conversions, and their take is that you're messing with the physics of the bike and the forces that the front part of the frame will see

Have to buy an fmf header too, one that came on my bike never did match up with the fmf rear and leaks, so its time to take care of that

I'll post a pic later..

spawn_x screwed with this post 10-14-2012 at 04:50 PM
spawn_x is offline   Reply With Quote