View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 06:04 PM   #15
mspa OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
Stuck

So I am trying to get this back to stock configuration. Spent most of my weekend . . . anyway, I have all wires where they are supposed to go with exception of double-checking the ignition and the Light Relay (Bosch 0 332 019 150) http://www.texasindustrialelectric.c...0332019150.asp in which case I have found conflicting info on which 87 tab is "b". Looking around online at diagrams of the same part, I've seen switched. Shouldn't be that difficult.

The ignition is another matter. I have the diagram, but the ignition only has 58 on the far left, 30 in the middle between the two center tabs, 15 on the far right, and 56 is the diagonal, below the other tabs.

I have a red wire coming in from the harness to ignition #30 (I've tried both center posts on ignition)

Grey wire is double wire mounted at 58U on the board and going to 58 on ignition and 87 (tried both tabs).

Green wire was on wrong. It comes out of harness to a double connector that should have been on 15U on the board, then going out to 50 on ignition (don't know which tab that is, but tried various tabs).

I have a green wire going from 56 on ignition to 86 on light relay.

Using these wires as in the diagram, and trying different combos with the unkowns on the schematic that aren't on ignition, and the fact that the light relay doesn't distinguish which 87 tab is "b" . . . I'm about to pull my hair out. I can't get the ignition to work in parking AND full position.

1978 BMW R100S "bitza" (R80/7 frame)

mspa screwed with this post 10-14-2012 at 06:46 PM
mspa is offline   Reply With Quote