View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #47569
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Oddometer: 4,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub Zero View Post
sorry for posting this question twice but i want this to be at the top of the new page so everyone can see it easier.

Valves came in. get to lap them tomorrow. though i noticed the new ones i ordered (listing was for an XR600R but they share the same part number as an XR650L) have a diff shape to them. they are the same size, diameter etc but my concern is the recessed dome at the bottom.

the stock valves have a wider dome at the bottom. these new ones are mostly flat with a small dome in the center. will this be a problem? will I lose compression? gain it? actually my main concern is will this modify the squish bands negatively and cause the motor to be less efficient.

Valves although look like diff sizes in picture, are identical in diameter / circumference. both are intake valves with the one on the right being the stock intake valve.
They`ll be slightly heavier because of it.......beside that.........run em..

B
01 XR650L,102mm JE 11.25:1..NX650 second gear,FMX650 fifth gear,ported CW head,KW valve train,MegaCycle 173X25.FCR MX pumper.42/158 NVCT needle.Cycra probend CRM,Scott`s sharkfin,Xr`s Only casesaver.FMF "Q2",Sutton Oil Cooler,Clarke 4.0,Red XR`s Only skidplate,Doubletake mirrors,Manracks Rotopax rack..one Minature Schnauzer
techforlife is online now   Reply With Quote