View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 06:52 PM   #5985
Sutherngintelmen
around the bend

Oddometer: 1,171
The carb rebuild I had planned for the afternoon was dragging a deer out of the woods this morning so I ended up with options. Since the bike started right up last night, thought I'd see what would happen today.

I've got an hour long town loop that does what it can. No dirt but would at least let me run it a bit. Like a champ, it was. I thought certain Santa shimmied down the exhaust and gave me a firmware upgrade last night while I was sleeping it off.

Fifteen minute idle reset, again. Ride was cooler today, temps were similar (high seventies) but overcast and less stop go. Stalled for first time at end of ride, fan was running as I waited at a couple of lights. Let it sit back in the shed - 5 mins for 'train time' Did start but rough, wouldn't hold idle, needed gas.

So - temps seem to matter - out of the blue, maybe.

Given y'all's posts, my attack order is: Injector clean. Battery - maybe low volts? - oem @ 4 years. CA fuel pump. ECU.

Taxi!

Day after

There is a pleasure in the pathed woods, There is a rapture in the smoking pipe, There is chaos, where none intrudes, in the deep dell, with its thrills roar; I love not nature less, but bikes the more. Byron riding.

All pics < 6/30/12 deleted by Apple Now with SmugMug supporting ADV

Sutherngintelmen screwed with this post 10-14-2012 at 07:54 PM
Sutherngintelmen is offline   Reply With Quote