View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #70238
ER70S-2
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex76 View Post
Thanks Neo, I'll try draining the carb. Sat all day and still wouldn't start tonight.
Mine gets flat on the ground more than I'd like to admit. Up to this point, it will always start () by holding the throttle wide open until it fires. Worked again today, flat front tire dropped me in a nanosecond, turning into a dirt parking lot.. Lucky for me I was going under 20. Probably on the ground for 15 minutes, I really like the stock vacuum petcock.

If that doesn't work, remove the tank, using air or a hose, blast the area around the spark plugs (always full of debris that you don't want in your cylinder, like sand or gravel), loosen the plugs a bit (half turn?, this will loosen any thing wedged against the plug), blast with air or water again and remove the plugs. If you have air, blow out the cylinder to displace the fuel vapors. If you don't have air, hold the throttle wide open (fuel won't flow at cranking speeds with an open throttle), crank the starter 'for a bit', to purge fuel vapors. Replace plugs, start motor. Maybe.

SUZUKI DR650SE INFORMATION INDEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threewheelbonnie View Post
"BTW, I don't do style. It's a dirt bike, not some girlie dress-up thing." -
ER70S-2 is offline   Reply With Quote