View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 07:56 AM   #118
davesupreme
grand poobah

Oddometer: 1,299
there's alotta topics here on this forum like this.... i don't think it's so much about brand bashing, but more about this fear of mechanical stuff, and the need to understand what going on, therefore a really simple bike like this honda is tremendously better than a modern well suspended high compression water cooled race oriented bike.....

dirt bikes are intrinsically mechanical, and demand attention.... yeah, maybe the air cooled, low compression bikes demand a bit less, but they're still gonna need some.... there's a bunch of the major, epic travel threads here that have people doing some absolutely crazy and dangerous travel things in bumqhuque, egypt on mechanically unsound bikes cause' they were too dumb to know that it was past time to fix it....

some of these dorks get into their happy place, thinking that their 'super-simple' yama-hon-saki' will run forever w/no maintenance, since they bought it new at the dealer, and mama 'yama-hon-saki' knows all and will take care of them. and since these dorks need instructions on a crescent wrench, those KTM's, YZ's, KX's, etc. are inherently evil cause' it takes a few moves to change the oil, and you gotta do it a little more frequently.... really?.... running chains and sprockets till they break in your hands?.... never changing oil, and bragging about it?... putting a million pounds of gear and your fat arse on a bike w/springs that were designed for a 150lb japanese guy, so that the sag's way outta whack and it squats like a big dog whenever you gas it?.... and then when you come out of it alive, you get this smarmy feeling of accomplishment... "Yeah, i beat that evil mechanical system... i'm a badazz... all those monkeywrenchers are fulla shizzit!..."....

i think it's more of a 'freudian' fear of the penis thing, that you're afraid of what it might do/happen when you get into it, so it's better to just live w/that monster in the closet, rather than confronting him and kicking his azz.......
davesupreme is online now   Reply With Quote