View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 08:33 AM   #17
PhilB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
... On the other hand, many just use that as an excuse to not do something that scares them a bit too much. Basically they are actually afraid, but do not want to show it in front of their men friends. ...
This. In my experience, this is about 90% of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRKC View Post
I've wondered about this same question before. Not necessarily just regarding motorcycles, but in general. I have friends that cant do much of anything because it'll upset their wife or gf. I dont think I've ever heard a woman (that's not in an abusive relationship) say that they cant do something because it'll upset their husband or bf.
No, women do this all the time, and for much the same reason. It's an excuse to not do it. A very common example is when a woman is shopping and is deciding against something she is looking at. She doesn't want to seem "rude" and say she doesn't like it or doesn't want it, so she says "I love it, but my husband would kill me", or some variation of that.

I was fortunate to find one who shares my general political/philosophical outlook (which, as any who know me can attest, is going to be a very rare thing to find). And she supports my hobbies and interests, and I support hers.

PhilB
1993 Ducati M900 Monster "Patina" (232,000 miles, so far) -- 1995 Ducati M900 (wife's bike) -- 1972 Honda CB450 (daughter's bike) -- 1979 Vespa P200 (daughter's scoot) -- 1967 Alfa Romeo GT Jr. (1300cc) -- 1964 Vespa GS160 (160cc 2-stroke) -- 1962 Maicoletta scooter (275cc 2-stroke) -- 1960 Heinkel Tourist 103A1 scooter "Elroy" (175cc 4-stroke)
PhilB is offline   Reply With Quote