View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 10:14 AM   #3187
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 2,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadride View Post
My Redline tune has been done and I am happily on my way. The power is smooth throughout the power band and the 3 to 4 grand stutter is gone. I am now headed down into warmer weather and the heat reduction from the engine is noticeable. They said the sync was out of whack but I know it was done right (saw it being done) the last time. Once again I had hit a pot hole and the vibration immediately increased afterwards. I really believe now that a good hit will knock the sync out on these bikes, perhaps due to the mechanical setup of these TBs being connected thru adjustable rods. I dunno. but I think they are delicate and if you are off roading with this bike, you may be having to retune it afterwards. My decel pop is still there but they pointed out an exhaust leak past the gasket at the header/two into one connection, saying someone had it apart. More likely someone did a shitty job of putting it together. It's bugging me and I am going to try to hunt down another dealer in the Myrtle Beach area and replace the gasket. They also found water in the front bearings and play in the forks, recommending a rebuild and bearing replacement.
Thanks for the update.

So, now that you've had it done, would you recommend it to others? Did it make enough of a difference to justify the cost (which was....?)?

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote