View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #54200
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 15,340
Gyah, yes, I saw your missed call about 8 hours later I think this weekend Kris.

bring it by today if you can?

Im busy tuesday and Wed, but open today or Thursday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrascout View Post
Hey Matt,

What's your carb cleaning schedule look like this week?

I put gas in the old Swisher trim and mow wheeled weed eater this weekend and fired it right up.
Started trimming some hill side to make sure it worked before I let someone borrow it to mow their property.
Well a couple minutes in it sputters and dies. I get it level and started again then it dies again.

So I pulled the tank swished the new gas around some and drained it. Blew out the fuel line. Pulled the carb and bowl off of it.Freed up the float and dumped some chunks out of the bowl. Had put it back together and was just trying to start it when someone infromed me they were just going to buy a new lighter version from the HomeDepot.

I forgot to even look at the brand when she got it but later learned the Ryobi wheeled weedeater is no different then the vac/blower of theirs I bought a few years back. Started fine first time out. Every restart after the short run time with a very small tank was harder and harder to accomplish. So it went back after three tanks of fuel yesterday afternoon. So now I am back to trying to get the Swisher with the 6.5 Briggs and Stratton to run well so she can use it.
mouthfulloflake is online now   Reply With Quote