View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #24551
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain eagle View Post
Hmm, I've dumped this post in a few places now but I'll throw it here too in case other 610 riders are intersected and haven't seen it.

An idea taken from PowerCell in this ADV post though I had done something similar with TE610 tapping and threading the EFI plate. I've had two of the KTM/Husky style petcocks fail now, and I hate not having an easy quick release that stops the fuel flow. I mean I really hate having to deal with gas pouring out, so while this is overkill it's also damn convenient.

I took off one petcock and took some measurements and drew this up. Everything is in mm.

I might adjust the 34.5mm to be a touch wider, and I did adjust the o-ring depth to 1.2mm. The test prototype with the stock o-ring and a plug has been holding fuel just fine.

The part I ordered to work for this was from quick couplings LCD10004V - 1/4 NPT Valved Coupling Body w/ Viton seal and the matching part quick coupling LCD23004V - 1/4 Hose Barb Valved Elbow Coupling Insert w/Viton seals and they had the best prices I found anywhere. To give you an idea, fast by feracci sells the same parts for $29 each......

These are what I came up with using some aluminum and borrowing a friends older mill with homebrew DRO, and small lathe.

The parts

Putting one together, wouldn't want to do it while on the tank so I lugged it down with drywall screws to the benchtop.

Installed right side.

Installed left side.

In either case if the fuel like seems like it is too close to the header I'll get some Fuel Line Heat Shield

And since I was doing this with the 610 I went ahead and did the same thing for the crossovers on the 950SE too.
Looks really nice! This will do away with the whole bottom plate that bolts to the bottom of the tank?

1 lunger screwed with this post 10-15-2012 at 04:28 PM
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote