View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #316
victor441
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by b dash rian View Post
Spaghetti wiring on my Ducati Monster. no gauges work anymore, and it seems to think there's no oil when its raining... And to boot, a quick rainstorm means the "black key" may not start the bike anymore, because the theft system is triggered.
THe wiring was fine on my Monster 800 but I hated the immobilzer with all the microcircuits in the gauge cluster, read plenty of stories of people who had replaced several, you probably have a bad one rather than wiring problems. I was afraid to ride mine in the rain and when I did when I got home I took the cluster off the bike, opened it up, and put it in a sealed bag of rice (risotto of course ;-) to dry it out...this worked but was a total PITA...an incredibly bad design. Also despised the sloping seat but a new Sargent fixed that however was not cheap. Sold the Monster recently for various reasons but its inability to handle rain was a big one. Lots of threads on the gauge issues, one is at http://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/...ent-panel.html and has some photos...

victor441 screwed with this post 10-16-2012 at 10:43 PM
victor441 is offline   Reply With Quote