View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 11:47 AM   #43
Mr. Cob OP
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,256
Howdy All,

Sorry for the delay in posting to the ride report, been kinda busy around the Casa del Cob.

Day thirteen of the rideabout, started by breaking camp in the COLD air while waiting for the frost to melt off our tents before packing them away for the days ride.

Zac takes photos of the goat herd as it walks by on the way to where it will be pastured.

We gas up before hitting the road before leaving from Toompine on our way to Barcldine.

I wait at the road junction for Zac and Jock to catch up before heading down the road on the next leg of the journey, Zac is approaching the junction in this photo.

This is where we are going............

This where we have been, the road seemed to go on forever...............

We reach a nice paved road that goes through some rolling hills and tree's, Jock and Zac catch up when I again stop to fuel from the spare gas can.

The paved road behind us, we turn off onto a narrow dirt road that in places was deeply rutted, this road must be impassable when its raining as much of it had signs warning of flooding.

I came across this little critter slowly walking across the road, I have no idea what it is.

We are passing through this area..............

We rode through many of these low spots, some had a bit of mud in them but not enough to be any problem.

We camped that night in a caravan park. The days ride had been a lot of fun, we covered some very nice gravel, some fun dirt, a few miles of great paved road then back on the hard fast gravel before hitting paved road just before finding a place to camp. I was really enjoying my time in Australia.

I'll be back in a bit, got some stuff to take care of, stay tuned.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Join Smugmug, use this coupon https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=geyYbNZwLLrl6
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote