View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #45
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,214
Its all great to have bragging rights and the silly little certificate,...........but honestly, ALCANRider has said, ride till your tired and enjoy it.......

I personnally was all wound up all the documentation for my ride in 2011. I kept the journal, every flippin gas receipt, mileage written down with faith at every stop. I did all I needed for the Ultimate Coast to Coast to Coast Challenge. I did Key West to Prudhoe Bay and back to Key West, 14,866 miles in 34 days.....guess what? All the shit for the IBA is still sitting on my dresser. I know in my head that I did it.......don't need a certificate that you actually have to pay for to get. What I do have the is the look of amazement from so many people when I tell them about my ride, alone, and then the pleasure of seeing on intent they are on hearing of the trip and the adventure. I didn't even finish the RR because I got myself so wrapped up in it during the first part of the trip, that after I just didn't care about it. I have the pics and the memories.............

Do the IB, get your certificate if you must....but ride the damn bike and enjoy it!!! One day I might actually send the stuff in, and the reason why.....when I am dead and gone, my kids will have something to show their kids that they can do anything they set their mind to.

sorry for the soapbox.........really.......
FLARider1 is offline   Reply With Quote