View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 12:56 PM   #10
scottyaustria OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
...keep going....

Day 4

During a meal I had with Siggi on the evening of day 3, he asked me if I would mind him joining me, since he didn't have a real plan and the route I had in mind appealed to him.
I didn't mind at all and was happy to have someone to share the trip.

We decided to go south to Dubrovnik, half way on the highway and the rest on the coastal road.

Since I had a good sleep and didn't get out of bed as early as him, Siggi went off a hour before me.
We agreed to meet somewhere on the way or latest at the campsite, that was recommended to us by some German hikers.
This loose connection we had was great. Each of us could go as fast as one wanted or stop to make picture without the other one needing to stop or wait.

Normally I don't like going on highways, I get the feeling of missing something, but this time it was great.
The best highway I“ve ever been on.
Rather new, next to no traffic, perfect tarmac, no potholes, coffee stops every 20-50km and most important - no boring sound barriers left or right but pure nature and great scenery.

Feeling great on the road I got carried away and didnt pay attention to my GPS, so I went down the highway - until it finished.....

I should have taken the exit about 50km earlier... so what - make the best of it...

....so I did...

...the sea meets the river of the Krka National Park...

...looking through the bridge towards the town of Skradin...

...the little lake Birina in Ploce...

...180° stitched panorama shot of the extreme fruitful Neretva Delta... absolutely amazing scenery...

...just beautiful..........the bike

On your way to Dubrovnik you have to transit through 15km of Bosnia & Herzegovina. The only strip of coast they have.

The only town there is Neum and looks like a ski resort in the alps. Not the nicest town I've seen.

...Dalmatian coast looking south - the "island" on the right is the peninsula of Pelisac...

...looking north - lots of little islands....

....Dubrovnik greets me with wonderful weather....

I thought I might send Siggi a message and ask if he'd already pitched his tent. I found out that he was about an hour behind me - of course I was the one off course....

...having a coffee at the harbour in Dubrovnik....

...leaving Dubrovnik behind to get to the campsite to meet Siggi - will be back the next day to do a little sight-seeing...

... the whole campsite to myself - almost...

...the route of the day....

....stay tuned for day 5...

Slainte
/Keith

scottyaustria screwed with this post 10-16-2012 at 11:48 PM
scottyaustria is offline   Reply With Quote