View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 01:38 PM   #3
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,583
I try to take vacation every October to go for a ride and enjoy the cooler weather and colorful leaves. This year I put in for vacation but didn't really come up with a plan until a few days before my vacation started. The weather forecast was fantastic with only one day of rain and plenty of sunshine. It was predicted to be cool at night but highs in the low 70s most days. Perfect right?

I decided on a two part trip. First I would head up to Shady Valley Tn and see if the "Snake" lived up to it's hype. Then I would go ride in the Fuzzy Beaver, an annual ADV dual sport event based near Murphy, NC.

At the last minute the forecast changed and it looked like I would have a couple of days of clouds, rain and cold to start my trip. Oh Well, to late to reschedule now. My ride for part one was my Aprilia Sport City 250.

Heading out of town on day one. 11 miles of city traffic to start the trip. Kennesaw Mountain is in the background.

It was about 80 miles up to Rider's Hill in Dahlonega where I stopped and had a burger for lunch. Then I headed off on a road that looked real twisty on the map but I had never ridden down before. Had I missed this great road all these years?

Just before it got twisty, it turned to dirt/gravel. So I followed it through and continued on to Cleveland, then turned just before Helen to head East.

I stopped to check out this historical Indian Mound. I never Knew that the Indians put cute little houses on top of dirt mounds

Some info for you history buffs.

Then I stopped to check out this covered bridge a little way down the road.

Then I headed towards Clayton, GA.

On the way I rode a road that I always enjoyed but haven't been on in years, Burton Dam Road. This is a very twisty and scenic road but doesn't have many good places to pull over and get pics. Here's a couple I did get.

Heading in to Clayton, the weather doesn't look that great.

klaviator screwed with this post 10-16-2012 at 02:01 PM
klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote