View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 05:16 PM   #1335
folmonty
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky View Post
Finished prepping the W for a nice little ride. Leaving home in Daytona Beach next wednesday to ride to NOLA Motorsports Park to announce the season championship for the AMA Pro Road Racing season. Leaving the NOLA the following Monday to ride to LA (Pomona) to announce the AMA Pro Grand National Championship the following weekend. This will be my second coast to coast trip on the W. It is a fantastic touring motorcycle.

My route will be predominately a southern one across I-10 on the way out. Coming home will be a 6 or 7 day victory lap to celebrate the end of the 2012 racing season for me. It has been an amazing year announcing MotoGP twice, World Superbike and every round of the AMA Pro Road Racing season plus all but three rounds of the 2012 Grand National flat track season.

It would be cool to meet up with some W owners on the way home. I'm leaving LA on the 15th of October. Not sure exactly of my route back to Daytona but it will certainly include a good bit of two lane.
Barry
Outstanding story Barry. One never knows where the Wubya might show up. Your travel log sure speaks volumes to it's versatility. I'd like to read your entire story as "the year in review." Bet there's some great memories eh? Wubya running with the big dogs!
R5, RD (x's3),W, ZRX
R100GS, GSA, KLR
folmonty is offline   Reply With Quote