View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #186
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer: 1,368
LAB2V Warm Up Ride Oct 14th

We covered 120 miles of mostly open single track, didn't see very much road. Our local guide gave us a good loop for LAB2V practice; lots of hill climbs, rocky descents, ridge trails, canyons, lots of whoops and 2 sand washes, the last being at about mile 100 when we were pretty well whipped. We saw lots of ribbons or trail markers on bushes, not sure if they were old or new but based on who led our ride ... that's all I'm gonna say.

Here are some pics from the Sunday Ride consisting of myself, catalina38, TCal, and our fantastic ride leader, Bill Jenkins. Bill knows his stuff out there and is a great asset to our little group.

Meet up at 4 Corners (Kramer Junction)

Start of our ride

Checking our tracks, yep, going the right way

On the way to Husky

One of the single tracks over the ridge line to Husky featured a nasty wash out that had us all going through one bike at a time, the Honda and the big KTM's softened it up for me

At Husky ... it is always a moving moment at that spot

Out to Cuddyback, here is our AWESOME ride leader

Catalina38 and TCal making some lines behind us

Talking about the weather with the locals in J-burg

One of these bikes is not like the other ... Randsburg

After lunch in Randsburg, TCal headed back to LA. We finished up our run to Boron at a really good clip and just didn't have the opps to snap any pics. Here is one that captures Bill cresting a hill, Catalina38 half way up. Me at the bottom thinking this is a nasty hill.

It was a great day in the desert

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is offline   Reply With Quote