View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 09:48 AM   #10731
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,787
Thanks, I think I'll have a closer look at those bags. The Home Depot here is basically the same Steren etc... Chinese crap they sell at Wal-Mart, Soriana, Commerical Mexicana, Chedrahui, etc....real disappointment. However, AutoZone is surprisingly good, and the boys from the Carrera Panamericana were doing some work on a big block Chevy in an old 55 "shoebox". Yes, I forgot my cel and I couldn't snap a pic (insert a well placed and said "joder" aqui). The guys at the AutoZone at least try to help you out and let you know when new stock is arriving, some stuff always sells out fast. Like the little stubby 3/8's drive ratchets with a very good and fine degree of swing drive for around $80 pesos.

CraneGuy, next time I go through Xalapa in the rain, I am going to strip down to a Borat style swim suit singlet and tie a strobe light to my helmet.
That should help a little with the visibility issues.
Those Xalapenos can probably manage some more psychological scarring than what they presently carry. Maybe that senorita reporter will engage me in meaningful conversation, again. LOL!
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote