View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 01:09 PM   #21
ezrdr55 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarysharkface View Post
When Cainer and I were out there last month we wanted to ride at least some of the UTBDR, but after encountering just a bit of deep sand decided it wasn't going to be any fun on my loaded KLR and his loaded 1150GSA so far from home. Seems maybe we were looking in the wrong places and should have toughed it out and ridden a little further down the trails. I hope he forgives me to not wanting to push it, when apparently it would have been okay..

Looking forward to all the pics you've got from this..

John

There was an area on the Butler map that had the deep silt sand marked on the route. This was at the southern most part of the route. It took me about 2 hours to go that 10+ miles and my front tire was more of a rudder than anything. Not fun, and had I known it was that bad I would have re-routed. Your buddy should buy you a cold one. You did the right thing.