View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #87
'05Train
Mind is not for rent

Oddometer: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliken View Post
Luckily I am married to a wonderful woman who understands that motorcycles are far more than a hobby. Riding and wrenching on bikes is not something I "do", riding and wrenching on bikes is part of who I "am".

I have crashed and been laid up for weeks and never once was the subject of me not riding again come up. She has only has given me two demands in our 12 years together. I never ride w/o a helmet, and after hitting a deer and getting hurt pretty bad, that I never own another XB12X. (Not the bikes fault, I know, but a pretty simple demand to meet)

If someone has a spouse in their life that tells them "you can't do XY" I am sure there are other issues involved.
This.

I was nearly killed in a wreck last November, and was barely able to walk until mid-January. Since then I've ridden close to 20,000 miles with easily 10,000 of that with either my wife or my daughter on the back with me. There was never any question or discussion about whether or not I (or we) would ride again. Anyone who knows me knows that riding is an integral part of who I am. Not as important as being a husband or father, but it's up there.

Had my wife not understood and accepted who I am (a rider), we would never have gotten married.