View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #19
etingelefunts OP
retem-odo

Oddometer: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girthy Knobkers View Post
KLR, outfit accordingly and go.
I almost went that route. The DRZ had appeal too. Ultimately I put two extremes in the stable, which made the choice harder. The KLR is a homogenous blend of the two, which explains its appeal. Certainly my self induced dilemma is a direct result of ignoring the KLR. The KLR is easier than BOTH to find service for abroad, but not by much when the WR250R's maintenance intervals are considered, and ease of portability when it needs a stretcher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rider View Post
Comfort....
I suggest setting up the 250 and going on a trip....before this biggy trip.
Learn if this fits your groove...or not....
Try to eliminate as many of the unknowns running around in your mind as you can, before you cut the anchor line and shove off. Natural adjustments will come quickly once you're away.

Best to you on your trip.
The WR's main detractor to date has been her medievel seat. Once the imminent decision has been made between a Sargent or Seat Concepts upgrade, she (WR250R) will be ridden from Florida to New Mexico, then to Nevada and back to Florida, fully outfitted with larger (IMS 4.7G) tank, and Wolfman luggage. She may even be asked to drag a MotoMule trailer as a "proof-round" type of affair.
That will occur during January, which will also test her 350W generator's ability to keep up with heated grips and gear, not to mention all the cold weather camping gear strapped to her. If she passes this battery of tests, the decision will be made.