Thread: Gymkhana
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #622
Vulfy OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 561
I think the key here, is to keep the revs up somewhat. I've been noticing that I'm dropping revs too much when turning. Its comes from using just the rear brake, and since it can not cope with the power of the bike, I have to tune down the revs to keep it withing the tight turning radius.

With the use of the front brake, the revs should stay up, and the control of the speed is done by the front and rear brake, which should be enough to tame the power of the engine without dropping RPMs too much. So the power is always there, to pick the bike back up, but you modulating the brakes to keep it within the turning radius.

Of course this is all theory, as I still haven't managed to fully "grasp" (HAHA) the proper front braking technique, into the turn, at least the way Japanese riders do it. A few semi-successful attempts and a few drops, is as far as I got with it.

Definitely nothing close to the amount of braking they are using, either in the pages above, or motogymkhana riding.

I'll try to incorporate dragging front brake inside those 24 foot circles, instead of slipping the clutch. Should be an excellent practice for the right hand throttling and braking at the same time....

I see a dropped bike in my future
Vulfy is offline   Reply With Quote