Old 10-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #27
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin

Oddometer: 1,228
Nice bed after a hard ride?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjracer View Post
Nothing that I've seen yet.

One thing I wish was that the Main Venue was setup closer to or at a camp ground/ Fair Ground. (Like the BMWMOA rallies) Find something with Cabins for those putting it on can stay in, or those Hoteling it can drive into town. Keep everyone as close together as possible.

At the end of the day, after a great ride, a large meal. Some beers at dinner are great, but getting on a bike to drive 10 miles out of town is a pain IMO.

I wish I could end the day, park the bike by the tent, and enjoy an evening of hanging out with fellow riders/campers. Walking around with a beer and good conversation around the fire.

The Camp night with Jimmy Lewis and crew was a perfect example and a great way to get fellow camping riders to travel in together.

Jimmy was a great addition to the Rally this year.

I prefer more Adventure-Outdoors and less Hotel-City, but that's me. It's 2 nights of camping, it does the body good to get out and smell the fresh air, see the stars, and have a drink around a fire with friends.
I agree with CJ, it would have been perfect to combine more options at the rally in one location. I would have camped out more in Bend if it was at the venue. But I liked having a warm bed and hot shower on my arrival. I put Spencer and I through two long, full days getting to Bend and we arrived at 1:30am to high 30's passing Elk Lake with frost on the ground and a smoke haze. That ski condo rocked.

But the resort closed up too early at times. I missed out on meeting and hanging out with a lot of cool riders.

Jimmy Lewis was the FUCKIN BOMB!!! Thanks KTM for that virtuoso move.

I had way too much fun riding back... 3.5 weeks. Not sure how to pull off an encore. But already working on it. It was fantastic!!! Everyone I met was top notch. CJ is the real deal too!!!

DesertSurfer screwed with this post 10-18-2012 at 12:01 AM
DesertSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote