View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 01:52 AM   #69
Thijs_B OP
Keeps on dreaming

Oddometer: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyred View Post
Thank you very much for this wonderful ride report, I've enjoyed it very much and one of your pictures is now saved as background for my computer. You certainly have a gift for photography! I guess we all hope for a positive "Epilogue".
Thank you! I personally think other people wanting your pictures as desktop wallpapers is one of the greatest compliments you can get as an amateur photographer I think I can reveal I got home safe, but you'll have to find out further in the report if this was by bike or on the back of a tow truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flachlandtiroler View Post
[...]Personally I have a love-hate relationship with Norway, really love the roads and the scenery, hate the many ferries and the long, long road to get there from Holland.
The distance is not too bad, if you use the ferry to Kiel you can leave one morning from the NL and wake up in Oslo the next day. A morning's ride later and you're in dreamland . The short ferries are not that bad either, they provide a nice break from riding and a chance to meet other bikers (if any). Only the longer ones are a chore, but I've only had 2-3 of those. NO EXCUSES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blund View Post
Hijack:
This picture is taken at Rv65, in Rindal , 3 km from where I grew up . There are several gravel options around here, none worse than Aursjøvegen, doable with loaded bike. To bad you were there at at a weekday,me and Der Panzerwagen (KTM 990 adventure) and the rest of the guys would be happy to guide you on 80-90% gravel from Trondheim to Aursjøvegen. (Which is a fairytale in it self. Got several pics to tease the public , if interested.) Nice trip , and gutsy so late this year. I went down approx 10 times this sunday, snow . .Studded tires and smaller bike next week.

I'll try to pay attention if there are other (foreign) ADV-ers in Trondheim area !
/hijack over
I definitely want to go to Norway again, maybe a shorter trip next year or 2014. I want to see some other places I didn't get to this time around, and I'd like to don't have to worry about the weather so much. When I get to that I might sent you a message

Thijs_B screwed with this post 10-18-2012 at 02:15 AM
Thijs_B is offline   Reply With Quote