View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 07:02 AM   #14668
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
+1 on the FullBores. Just love 'em.

American Moto Tire now carries them as well. >$150 for a set.

They come from a modified mold of the 705 from Shinko, but different compound. The 150 rear is a V-rated radial.

Sure, they won't last as long as a K60, but hook up as well on and off and basically half the cost. Plus everyone complains about mounting and dismounting the K60's and the M40/41's are a piece of cake. Knob height is slightly less as well. Did I mention they are half the cost?
I put a set of Conti Motion, on my 1050. The tread is definitely shallower than the premium priced stuff, but, I gave $197 for the set. I usually pay that much for just the rear, with premium tires. Obviously, I'm going to get less mileage out of them; maybe half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Doofenshmirtz View Post
Yes its pretty good for a general tire and for the price its pretty awesome. Its not perfect but gets the job done for sure. Also a thread on here has some false information such as they are made in China. Not true. Obviously not everything you read on ADV rider should be believed. Different agendas at work for sure.
I thought the aforementioned Conti Motion were made in Germany, since they're Continental. But, they're made in Malaysia. At first, I was concerned. However, I've ridden most of the summer two-up. There might be a 1/4" of "chicken strip" left. Other than tire life, because of the reduced tread depth, I've got no complaints about them.

Strangely, I was on AMT's site, yesterday, looking at Full Bore's 120/180 offerings ($170 set). I was, also, looking at Michelin's Pilot Road 3, as they offer a "special" two-up rear tire that I'm curious about. I just have to get over the price difference and remind myself that they'll probably last twice as long as the cheap stuff. Unlike, a lot of motorcyclists, I'm willing to experiment with the off-brands, on the street.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote