Thread: Craig's Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 07:23 AM   #827
thumpism
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 418
Looks like my Tiger find from the previous page is being flipped. Clifton Forge (new ad) is a few miles west of Lexington (old ad) so this seems plausible:

http://richmond.craigslist.org/mcy/3346559565.html

1996 triumph tiger - $1500 (Clifton Forge)

Date: 2012-10-17, 8:45PM EDT
Reply to: pvg7q-3346559565@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I picked up this project a couple of months ago. A 1996 triumph tiger with 21,000 miles. Guy hadnt fooled with it for a year or two. Had it in a shed behind his house covered with a tarp. Always thought they seemed like a cool bike, so I bought it. Cleaned it up, and have been slowly accumulating parts to get her back up and running. Work has really took off and it doesnt look like I'm going to have the time to tinker with it. Would like to try and break even for what I paid, and for the parts that have been bought for it. So far I have changed the oil and filter, checked the valve clearance, and cleaned the carbs. New parts that I have bought, plugs, petcock, battery, chain, airbox/filter and the valve cover gasket and plug well gaskets. The bike is complete, plastic is all there and nothing is broken up. A previous owner replaced the gas tank as its black and the rest of the plastic is red. It would make a cool bike for someone with just a bit more time than myself and a little elbow grease. Want $1500 for it.

thumpism is offline   Reply With Quote