View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 09:15 AM   #392
DHawthorne
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Hey exoff-roadgoat,
Yes, all secondary roads pretty much following the Thornapple. I used to live in Hastings, worked in Middleville and went to GR for dinner and shopping often.
I have never been one to ride in a group either but think it might be fun to meet up with some fellow PC’s to talk shop and check out each others bikes.
I am contemplating trimming my windshield down. To do or not to do this has been like a splinter in my mind since I got this bike. I currently look through at least 4-6” and I cannot help but wonder how that affected our ride yesterday. We seen several other bikes out riding and it didn’t look like they were struggling with the wind near as much as we were.

What is the seat height on your DR650? I am vertically challenged and like my seats in the 31” and under size.
The DR650/ DRZ400 is on my short list to consider. The KLR is way too tall for me. I tried a BMW f650gs and it fit well but the price is more than I wanted to go. I would love a Tiger 800XC but It looks too tall and of course still way too much.

Cheers,
Darrel
DHawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote