View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 09:45 AM   #694
rico2072
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3B43 View Post
Heh, ItsNottheBike.....THANK YOU for hitting the nail dead center on the head!!!!! I've argued this point with several 'anything is possible' folks, but they refuse to get it because they've never TRIED the ANYTHING!!! I had delusions of grandeur when I was playing college golf (actually won a few tournaments and a state championship) about turning 'pro'. And then reality hit while playing a big tourney when my competitor hit a shot I hadn't even considered! If I can't hit that shot in a college tourney, I got no shot at the PGA.....no matter how hard I worked. I simply didn't have enough TALENT! I relatively fast on my track bike, but no where near the track record and Casey is faster on a moped!!!

Like you said, the simple fact is we are NOT created equal! Newton, Einstein, Feyman, and those great minds, see things differently. Casey is different on a m/c from everybody else because is more talented then everybody else. I'm OK with this and have never had an issue with it. A buddy, who came from a humble family, is now a millionaire because he made that the focus of his life. I chose another path and have experienced/felt 'life' from a point that my buddy never will. My career choice has left me comfortable, but definitely not rich, but I continue to point my life to 'feel & experience' those things that I consider important and critical.

BTW...my buddy is jealous of my humble financial life, but refuses to step outside the box he's created to expience/feel life.
The more I read the last few pages the more I agree with this.
Kind of like me trying to be a professional jockey.....just not going to happen at 6'2" and 240....lol
Not saying that people don't have a chance to better themselves, but some people weren't made to be doctors, lawyers, jockeys, motogp racers. Case in point, one of my best friends has photographic memory, he definitely used it to his advantage and some things came to him a lot easier than me.

rico2072 screwed with this post 10-18-2012 at 09:54 AM
rico2072 is offline   Reply With Quote