View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 10:05 AM   #11
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootard View Post
Smack-tacular pics. You are touring just the way we like to do it, frequent stops for pics and enjoying the heck out of the ride. Love love lovin' it
i used to just ride, and ride, and ride. i would just ride right past all kinds of neat stuff and tell myself that someday I'd come back and stop and check it out. A few years ago I decided it was time to stop riding past all the neat stuff without stopping.

I also usually have my camera hung around my beck with a strap so it's easy to get pictures even without stopping. On this day however, It was raining or drizzling much of the time so no pics while riding. I would end up with water on the lens and lots of blurry pics.

So I rode from Mountain City, on 421 "the Snake" to Shady Valley and didn't take any pics. There were no other bikes in Shady Valley. I decided to continue on 133 towards Damascus to check out the Backbone Rock Tunnel.

I did stop to check this out and get some pics.

The creek just before the tunnel:

So i decided to hike up to the top of the rock.

What, only one guardrail? someone could get killed Someone call a lawyer

So I got on the wrong side of the guardrail to take the next to pics. Don't tell anyone

Looking back I see a little color.

And I climb down the wet leaf covered steps on the other side.

And when I get to the bottom, I see this sign.

There's no sign on the other side! I could have killed myself Maybe I can sue someone

klaviator is online now   Reply With Quote