View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #23
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,826
While I am not exactly a fan of the cruiser look I became a fan of cruisers a long time ago when I found out how comfortable they were. I bought a '93 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 new, and put just over 80,000 miles on it before selling it. About a year later, missing the bike, I bought another new Vulcan 750, an '02 model, and currently have over 70,000 miles on it. These bikes are super comfortable, have plenty of power for one up touring, are almost maintenance free, and very reliable. It is the cruiser ergonomics that make them so comfortable. A big wide plush seat, high pullback bars, and forward mounted pegs. Add a rider backrest, and you have a recliner on wheels. I have done 2 SS1000s on the Vulcan 750 without pain, just a little minor discomfort from sitting in the same position for so long. Cruisers are far more comfortable than crotch rockets or dual sport bikes.
1980 Puch moped
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote