View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #1020
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 18,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyle View Post
A translated tweet from Frans..."RT (Translation) @Frans_Verhoeven: Yamaha's Olivier Pain and myself keep going like a rocket. Even today in the mega sand, dunes stage, high temperatures. Super."

Good to see him doing well and enthused about the new team and bike.
Just another plug from moi for the "competitiveness" of this years edition of the Rallye Maroc'.

The top twenty MOTO pilots of the cross country rally world are all on hand to start the race (one or two MIA), representing five different manufacturer teams.

Since the start flag on Day One the guys have been going for it... team tactics and navigational miscues aside... they have been engaging in a handle bar to handle bar juggernaut for the full four days. We've had at least 8 to ten different guys opening the road at different times, four different stage winners in four days, four different makes that have occupied the three podium placings during the rally so far... AND

This afternoon from CP 2 thru to the finish...! Eight riders started the sector within two minutes of each other... the whole way through the oued (dry river/sand wash) and across the wadi's/vegetated offpiste they were swapping and changing like it was a GNCC race... the top five came into the finish control literally within 30 seconds of each other!

It was THE closest most entertaining stage that I can remember , since I don't know when; (probably the UAE DC - when it was still run in Dubai a few years back; the year when Coma, West, Despres and some of the other local gofasters went at it)...

But for pure numbers of the top echelon of MOTO (I can't recall a rally - other than DAKAR - that has assembled the ENTIRE field of top 20 riders - since maybe back the heyday of the OPTIC 2000 Tunisia or ATLAS Rallye Maroc... and that was back in the early to mid 2000's).

This afternoon was THE single most intense and exhiliarating SS I have watched (unfortunately only via the laptop screen... not in person) for a long while. I would give my eye teeth to be there in person.

kudos to N.P.O. for a great race

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."

troy safari carpente screwed with this post 10-18-2012 at 01:00 PM
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote