View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 02:21 PM   #15
mknight
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
Robert, I don't know what rock I've been under and how I missed this follow-up thread. These are awesome pics. Thank you!! The Club Riders are the un-sung heroes of the event. Most of these guys can and do kick booty at the local level of racing. Keep in mind that each qualified by finishing first or second in their respective class at one of only two qualifiers in the nation.

After qualifying, then they have to scrounge up the thousands and thousands of dollars out of their own pocket, that it takes to live out their dream of riding the ISDE. Thanks for recognizing them. I met each and every one of these riders and was impressed with every single one of them (that is not to detract from the Trophy riders either.....it's a very unique and challenging sacrifice for them to ride for the Team as well).

For those that don't know, I met Robert (Southest US Thumper) and his friend at the hotel in Germany where he supplied my son Josh with more than a week's worth of Gatorade. We ended up sharing the supplies with other U.S. Team riders.