View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 10:28 PM   #32
MQracing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwise View Post
... I traded in a Burgman 400 for a BV 500 and couldn't be happier. Everyone's views on the proper ergonomics vary but for me the BV is a much better tourer.

Isn't it a good thing that there are different styles and ergonomics?
I test rode a BV500 and was quite impressed... it has much more torque than the Burg 400. I liked the more upright seating position and IIRC it had "quicker" handling than the B400. Great scoot. And the Silver Wing 600 is another great scooter. Again, a more upright seating position--- and once more a stronger bottom end than the B400. Yet another tempting product.

Your so correct--- and it is a good thing--- the many choices that we have as consumers. I'd love to test ride the new Aprilia SRV850 as well as taking a trot on a Mana. I know I could find space in my garage for a GTV300 and I'm intrigued by the new BV350. I did sit on a PCX-150 the other day---- and have read many positive posts about this bike---- and for the price it seems like a good deal--- great fuel mileage and decent top end speed wise. Only thing is that when I sat on it--- it just felt "plastic-ly" and cramped in the cockpit compared to my Burgman 400.

Pardon my ramblings...
1984 Moto Guzzi V65SP
1963 SHL M11 Lux
MQracing is offline   Reply With Quote