View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 06:30 AM   #73
Thijs_B OP
Keeps on dreaming

Oddometer: 64
Thumb Day 19 - Last day in Scandinavia

GPS for the day:

I did not have any difficulty to start the bike. It was never rare for it to start after several attempts, but that day it even started on the first go! The loud noise was still there, so it wasn't magically fixed by little trolls...

That day would be my last in Scandinavia. The ferry would depart in the afternoon, but first I was going to meet Bart and Jasmin in the Frogner park.

This weird statue in the Frogner park is easy to find and made for a nice meeting spot.

A 'Scandinavian' crow. They all had a white 'coat' compared with the Dutch ones which are pure black.

I had to wait for them for a while, but it was nice to see them again and catch up. No pictures though, so maybe next time that I'm in Oslo... Then it was time to go to the ferry. I was the only one in the bike lane, and could board first of everyone!

The crossing was more of a cruise, and was also advertised that way. There was even a multiple-floor shopping street running through the ship, where all inside cabins had a view over.

A view over the street, my room is the closest one on the right above the bright parasol.

The premium restaurant. It goes without asking I did not have dinner here that night. The 'regular' buffet it was for me.

Ooooh shiny!

Some might think of it as 'art'. I think the term 'rape' is more appropriate...

The Dutch are everywhere!!!

The weather was nice, so I went outside to enjoy the sun for a bit.

Oslo harbor.

I wasn't the only one.

After enjoying dinner and a nice shower I went outside again to see the sunset, a couple of hours later.

The helicopter deck on the back of the ship, no one here because of the wind.
Panorama stitching is crap on the horizon, but couldn't get the program to get it right somehow...

The setting sun made for some sharp shadows.

Then the sun set, and it got darker and colder.

Later that night I went out again, had a walk around the deck. It had gotten very cold and windy, and I could see nothing outside the ship.

Had a look at some show they organized on board, but I didn't stay up to see the whole thing. Still had almost 600km of autobahn to go the next day!

Daily stats:
Traveled a whooping 30km, with a grand total of 38 minutes riding time, averaging an amazing 46km/h! Distance to home was 970km when the ferry departed, and will be 460km at arrival in Kiel.

Thijs_B screwed with this post 12-09-2012 at 03:16 PM Reason: Added the Oslo harbor panorama
Thijs_B is offline   Reply With Quote