Old 10-19-2012, 03:39 PM   #22
glasswave
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by eemsreno View Post
A Wee is a fake adventure bike , Street bike, Track bike, commuter bike,
Outright dangerous on gravel.
If there ever was a study made on how many guys have been hurt or killed trying to ride V Stroms to Alaska the Canadian government would probable make them turn around at the boarder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eemsreno View Post
I'm not trying to start anything here, I have a Wee that I ride to work everyday. Might be the best commuter bike ever, Just last year when we were on the Alaska trip I know of 4 V Strom riders crashed bad enough that 3 had to be flowen out and one was dead on the Dempster. Think what you want. I have a 990R KTM [son's] and a Tenere and the Wee that I can ride any time and there is so much differance that the Wee should not even be mentioned in the same paragraph. Do what you want to.
In your first post you state that the vStrom is a "fake adventure bike , Street bike, Track bike, commuter bike." In your next post, you say it's one of the best commuter bikes ever. Is this due to poor English skills, hyperbole, trolling or BPD?

Anybody that cannot ride a vStrom down a 2wd gravel road has some serious technique problems, this trip (Al-Can to Prudhoe Bay) has been made on Goldwings/scooters/cruisers for heavens sake! Do consider any other ADV marketed bikes to be literal death traps on 2wd gravel roads or do you simply hate your vStrom?

Also, to what do attribute this insta-deathtrap type handling? Geometry, suspension clearance, balance?

If you had hoped to make the point that the vStrom was not nearly as good on gravel as other bikes you've ridden, you might consider not spewing such outlandish bullshit!

Peruvian Andes (3 months)
N Chile - Medellin, Colombia (3 months) Cartegena, CO to N Chile (3 months)

glasswave screwed with this post 10-19-2012 at 06:10 PM
glasswave is offline   Reply With Quote