View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 09:09 PM   #25
Heino OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Doug, one of your numbers was successful! Awesome! Now I can go check out the bars here in town and actually have a drink instead of asking random people for help.

The part that is broken is the fixing on the engine where the oil pipe from the oil cooler comes in. Welding it back on is probably not an option since space is very limited down there. One easy fix I could imagine would be to take a little off of the flat side of the part that has broken off and drilling the thread in the engine a little deeper, so that the bolt actually threads to the engine again. A more advanced option would include flattening out both surfaces where it broke and also drill a deeper thread. I don't know how hard it is to make it flat perfectly perpendicular to the thread, though. Just my German engineering ;)

I'll see where it goes from tomorrow! Thanks so much! Pictures of all this will be included in my ride report. I guess I cannot not write on anymore after all the help I received through ADV. My weekends until spring next year are herewith booked..
Heino is offline   Reply With Quote