View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 09:37 PM   #196
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,433
I am truly an ADV rider now. Flights from hell, canceled and stranded in Atlanta on Wednesday night. Finally made it into Richmond Virginia Thursday afternoon. Purchased my bike, somehow got it loaded with a ton of shit and rode 80 miles of twisties into the Appalachia's and camped on the Virginia/West Virginia border at 3000 feet. Found a small little grassy road and got the tent pitched at dark thirty before rain. A great head lamp still sucks in the rain and dark. I made an island in the tent and called the river running through the KLR river. Lightning, mega rain, thunder the whole deal. Wet tent, wet bag, wet stuff, wet and cold bike this morning. I kept thinking that a hotel with a shower and cable is so over rated. I did buy a cheap $4 dollar tripod stool. It was awesome in the tent, securing all my wet gear on top of other wet gear in a vain attempt to keep vital stuff dry. Rode 340 miles today and made it to my Mom;s house. 2 lane road travel takes triple the time of an interstate. I took pictures, I stopped at cool places, I road wet roads in the fog covered in leaves. I passed coal trucks and had to brake hard too many times going down hill into crazy hair pins. How come they don't make wind shield wipers for motorcycle helmets? How are you supposed to see at night in the rain? I also rode wind trials today. Cross wind madness, really. I had to push my left handle bar and lean 45 degrees over the bars to hold my line. I felt like Kenny Roberts and Bernie Schriber riding in serious post storm winds today. I found the wind very rude. Fall colors have just peaked in many areas. New River, the Gaulle River, Greenbank WVA, Pocahontas County is very wild and wonderful.

No real ride report yet, but I'm working on it. Just thought I would say hello. See ya on the trail. Ateam and the KLR - Jo Jo
AteamNM is online now   Reply With Quote