Thread: Tent Space Map
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 02:20 AM   #47
Jamie Z
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,765
Through the work of volunteers on the Tent Space Double Check project, I'm pleased to announce that the Tent Space Maps are guaranteed 90% up-to-date.

This compares to a few months ago when Steve first published his maps, almost 90% of the entries on the map were more than a year old, and many of them four, five, and even six years old.

By attempting to contact every inmate who's put his or her name on the Tent Space list, we've removed roughly 1/3 who failed to respond (A number far lower than my initial prediction). The remaining 700-odd people on the List checked and/or updated their listings to make them accurate and the data on the map reflect the efforts of the Double Check team.

I've very proud of the people who have been working on the project, and thankful for the many hundreds of ADV inmates around the world who have opened up their homes and continued to offer places for fellow travelers to stay.

The Double Check project team will continue to work to keep the Tent Space maps perpetually up-to-date and I can say with confidence that the people on the Tent Space list have been enthusiastic about hosting more travelers.

Jamie

Budget Travel the Jamie Z Way
Jamie Z is offline   Reply With Quote