View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #7
996DL OP
Buell me

Oddometer: 2,091
Appreciate the the goodwill on the Uly's purchase gents, thank you.

I had very little time to snap up this distant bike and slip in a brief ride before tucking it away, for virtually the immediate arrival of winter here. But I did...

I near purchased a new firesale priced 09 XB12X back in Jan. 2010, but passed on it and thankfully a close friend purchased it instead.

It didn't do much to quell the LUST though, for owning a last gen Ulysses (2008-2010), rather quite the opposite, being able to eyeball it and see and hear it run at times...

After an always open invitation to ride it, late this summer we swapped bikes, as I was tired of merely thinking it would've been a extremely viable, cost effective alternative to my dreadful 04 DL1000 and needed to know whether it really suited my requirements for a stable, smooth and comfortable touring platform.

My only other rides on a Buell up to this point, had been another close friend's owned since new, last gen tuber 01 M2. Years ago, many miles were gifted to me on this bike and helped to dispel totally, my distrust in the Buell experience.

To be continued...

After all, you were falling asleep anyways...

996DL

996DL screwed with this post 10-20-2012 at 09:28 AM
996DL is offline   Reply With Quote