View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 10:52 AM   #13
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Sun View Post
Look at any Victory and you will not be disappointed. Most Victory dealers have bikes you can test ride anytime. Try a Kingpin, Cross Country, Vegas, Hammer, Jackpot, Vision or Judge. All great riders with plenty of power and torque. Most reliable motorcycle I've ever owned. Tires, oil and regular maintenance. That's all I've needed in my 7 years of ownership. I can't say that for most of my Harley riding friends. I'm not a Harley hater, just a Victory Lover. Although I'd own a XR1200, nice bike...
+1. I'm 6'4" myself and currently ride a Vstrom, DR650, WR250R and have owned many other dual sport or adventure bikes.

Last year, I volunteered at a buddy's shop to lead the Victory demo rides when they had the victory demo truck there. Before then, I had never rode a Victory, although I had admired some of them. So that day, I pretty much rode everything in their fleet multiple times and came away with a totally different attitude about their bikes. Great motor, great 6 speed gearbox, ABS, smooth and a lot of fun. I think I came away liking the Hard Ball the best, but I had a blast on every single one of them. I actually really liked that wild looking Victory Vision and how it rode, but the Cross Country was a nice bike too for a full on touring bike.

I have nothing against Harley's either, but I think Victory has quite the bike and just isn't noticed until you spend some time on one.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote