View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #2811
OzRider64
Friggen slow Adventurer.

Oddometer: 89
Question Voltage spike with model 44's.

G'day John,

Have read your post where you said my lights had traces of burning on the circuit boards, possibly from cheap HID lights.

I am running a DDM 35W system on my main headlight only, probably not the best quality HID on the market, but others on this site seem to be running them with your lights with no problems.

The model 44's are connected through a PC8 fuse block with a relay and a Cyclenutz mini switch to turn the lights on and off.

How is this voltage spike occurring. Does it happen on start up, because the lights are only turned on after this bike has been running a couple of minutes or does it happen during the running cycle of the bike.

I had a chat to a mate of mine who is a auto electrician and told him my problem and he said to me that my 44's are running through a separate fuse block and relay and I should have no problems.

Both of us are scratching our heads on this one.

Worse comes to worse I will install a HID50 unit into my bike which I have had taken off my previous beast, all I have to do is change the globe to a H7 and I will see how that goes.

I wont re-install these model 44's on my bike till I get this sorted, I don't want to damage them again.

I hope you can clear this up for me.

Simon.

2010 R1200GS
OzRider64 is offline   Reply With Quote