View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 12:52 AM   #38
spaghettilegs OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Finishing the Nullarbor adventure

I have been back from my Nullarbor adventure for 2 weeks now and itís starting to feel like a distant memory. I wish I could be back out there on the road, seeing more of this big country and meeting new people. Unfortunately though, I have to be back at work.
Since being back I keep getting asked what the best part of my trip was. This is a difficult question. It was all the best part. I thought I would struggle traveling alone and camping solo but it wasnít as scary as I had imagined. Most nights I met people and was never really on my own. They would offer me food, wine and good conversation and I went to bed every night feeling very safe.

People keep asking me, would I do it again? I surely would! I loved it. The bike didnít miss a beat the whole way and the scenery is very impressive as you travel. Each state had a very unique landscape. South Australia was full of canola fields and I had great views of the Southern Flinders Rangers as I traveled. The Nullarbor was big and empty and as I entered Western Australia, the dirt changed to red, the trees grew taller and the green fields appeared again.
spaghettilegs is offline   Reply With Quote