View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #38
dirty_sanchez
Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer: 2,851
Team-

I have a Laminar Lip designed for the 640 Adventure mounted over the front mask on my '12 690E.

I originally bought the Laminar Lip for the 640A for riding in colder months down here in south Louisiana, but now I think it's found a permanent place to call home on the 690....plus it makes the bike look meaner than it looked before.

Makes it verry comfortable, wind hits right above my shoulders, and believe it or not given my height which is 5'8" makes for a quieter/less buffeted ride below 75-80 on the 690 than the wind protection I get when riding the 640A. The Laminar lip is wider than the KTM Touring Windscreen which is made for these bikes and makes for an ever so slightly larger area of wind protection behind the screen.

While sitting on the 640A, at speed, the wind hits at the chin level, maybe a bit below on me, and with the laminar lip, on the 640A, it diverts wind to the eyebrow level.

I even have the smoke colored 690E KTM touring screen I ordered from Chip a few weeks back, but since the Laminar Lip is working as well as it is, I'm seriously debating mounting that touring wind screen.

Photobucket

Dirty

dirty_sanchez screwed with this post 10-21-2012 at 12:35 PM
dirty_sanchez is online now   Reply With Quote