View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #32
Fire Escape
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,543
60 CSx vs bike battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
.................................................. .......................................

I bought the 4 prong cord with a coax connector. I tapped into my battery tender/heated gear cord and ran it up front ziptied to the bars. Mine has never shut off and I left the batteries in. But I have to unplug it when stopped for the day, or the GPS will drain the bike battery.
.................................................. .................................................. ....................................

I am surprised that it will kill your battery. I know that I have left mine on for several days (not using the bike) without killing the battery on my DR 650. Unfortunately, many years ago I got the power pins wet (salt water), I cleaned the subsequent corrosion as best I could but one of the pins gave up last month. Perhaps I can get it fixed but I have already wasted 2 hours on Garmin's website trying to figure out how (it was already a 'replacement unit', the button on the back having come off when it was nearly new. Now, my serial number doesn't match what they have recoreded - because it IS a different unit than the one I sent them.......) to do it. Yeah, I know, call customer service, they are usually great but I have never been on hold LESS THAN 25 minutes to talk to them.

Bruce
06 DR 650, Moose RS Holder, Handguards and Skidplate, ProTaper bars, Garmin 60CSx, Motech racks w/ 20mm Ammo cans, Renazco, TKCs summer/17" SM wheels winter 08 Scrambler, Conti Trail Attacks and BlackTiger Fork mod, 05 FSE 450, 03 KLR 250, 02 FXDX, 72 WR 250 (again), 72 SL 350 K2 (again), 72 TR6R, 06 XT 225
Fire Escape is online now   Reply With Quote