View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 09:50 AM   #729
3B43
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
A note on your 'fuck it' post: I've thought about my response to this interesting post and......I retired early, turning down a big promotion and more $$$$, due to being TOTALLY disgusted with the 'internal dynamics' at work. My wife really wanted me out of my job and we agreed together. I retired, walked away and into the 'promised land'....onto our 20 acres, a house, barn, etc I had built and realized that I had never been more content! Nine months later, a big piece of space junk hit me in back of the head--------my wife of 26 years handed me divorce papers!!!! POOF!!! Envy thing I had worked for, the last 25 years was gone and..........

I crawled off, while stuffing my guts back in, and tried to heal up/make sense of it all. I came to ONE MAJOR CONCLUSION (a bunch of semi-major ones too!): EVERYTHING IS DEFINITIONS!!!! You and your significant other had better have the same DEFINITION(S) on the major points in the relationship or.......

Where am I going with this? Well, this 'I think, therefore I am'...........

In my career, I learned that most (99+%) people don't think and don't ever plan too. It's way to HARD for them! They might have to push themselves mentally and actually use a few brain cells to back up some of their ludicrous beliefs. So, I'd like to have a definition on 'think' and 'I am'.

Now, many of my acquaintances and former workmates think I'm semi-nuts for some of the things I've done, not only participated in, but accomplished. I've pushed myself in ways, where a mistake, either mine, or a teammates, could have lead to serious to fatal consequences, but there is a clarity that comes with those moments.

Clarity like riding NOT listening to anything but letting your mind wander and slip into neutral......
3B43 is offline   Reply With Quote