View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 09:20 AM   #252
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durwood View Post
I currently run the BR Moto racks with brand X bags on my 990...I have one of your backpacks now and like it, and I am sure I would like the Overlander 60 as well. Has anyone mounted them up on a Backroads Moto racks? It looks like the racks are .75 or slightly larger than the 18mm.
Hey Durwood,

Thanks for your kind words about our backpack. I'm sure you would like the Overlander 60 just as well. However, unfortunately, at the moment, the only racks we can guarantee a perfect fit on are from Touratech, KTM Power Parts and Metal Mule.

While the tubing on your Backroads Moto racks might be close enough for the clamps to fit, the shape of them will be the limiting factor. The ADV Platforms that the Overlander 60 is based upon has multiple mounting points for the hardware, to enable exhausts and body work to be cleared on various machines. However, the adjustment is all based around the most popular shape of frames, which are roughly rectangular, such as these from KTM:

I know the lads back in the UK are looking at alternative mounts for Hepco & Becker, as well as SW Motech frames, which will hopefully be available in the not too distant future. I have also asked them to see if it is possible to develop mounting systems for oval frames, such as the ones you have or Wolfman etc, but I am not sure if it will be. That said, I'll let you know as soon as I do.

Sorry I can't be the bearer of better tidings at this stage. But do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote