View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #172
calimusjohn OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Cry Been there = Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkshovel View Post
I'm late but I'm in. I'm only 64 but I've got all your problems and some more issues but I manage to spend around 2 months on the road every summer and I don't do motels, I camp. Sometimes Aleve, sometimes Hydrocodone and sometimes even Oxycodone but always forward. Winters are for "tuneups". This year is another back surgery to fuse more Vertebra. I've been riding since I was 12 and I have no plans to quit! One of my best friends is 76 and he's still racing. He quit drag racing bikes at 60 but a couple years ago he decided he wanted to go to Bonneville so he built a bike for that. Ran it last year and burnt a piston but we leave in 2 days to run it in the Texas mile. I go along to pit crew but I did run my street Harley at Bonneville since I was there, ran a 147 on a hopped up soft tail that I rode out there.
Give 'em hell Calimusjohn. You're only as old as you think you are. If you aren't out tearin it up when I'm in your neck of the woods next summer I'll look you up and we'll swap lies .
Story sounds familiar. Having a "Down" day today. A. It is snowing. B. Second compression fracture of T-12 last Thursday. C. Ortho Doctor on Wednesday D. No one to blame! John M.
calimusjohn is offline   Reply With Quote