View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #254
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattner View Post
I'd like to be entered as well please???
I have a GiantLoop Mojavi, but it's too small and the Coyote looks too big.... The Kriega has intrigued me and I am definitely wanting to get this set up.

I like having a decent amount of tool space, like the old XR's Only large tool bag or bigger for the top bag and then a size about double the capacity of the mojave side bags. This is for my XR650L.

What suggestion do you have for this use?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Hey Wattner,

Based on what you say, it sounds like the Overlander 30 would be ideal. The capacity is going to be more than double your existing set-up (15 liters per side vs 4.5 liters per side), but that doesn't mean it'll be any more restrictive. You could either just grab a decent tool roll and stash it in one of the Overlander bags, or - as would be my personal preference - pick up and US-5 and put the tool roll in that, strapping it to the rear fender using the Rack Loop mounts included in the Overlander 30. Like so:

There won't be any fit issues on your XR. And - by sheer coincidence - you can see a the Overlander 30 lined up next to the same bags you have in traveltoad's photo above!

I hope that helps, but please feel free to post up any more questions you may have, or PM me a phone number and I'll be happy to call and learn a bit more about your particular requirements, so we can go through the options in greater detail.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread

amanlikemike screwed with this post 10-24-2012 at 09:52 AM
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote