Thread: How to turn?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 05:16 PM   #68
SnoDrtRider
Got Snow?

Oddometer: 2,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by motojunky View Post
Wayne - don't let the turning critique make you think that you aren't ready for this weekend. Every trials rider starts out done it wrong to some degree. 99% of trials riders are still doing stuff wrong - no matter how long they've been doing it. It can take a long time to make "the right way" be natural - perfectly normal. At least that's what they tell me - I still have to remind myself all the time to bend my legs and get my knees out.

The 4 line (beginner) sections this weekend will take points from you, but you shouldn't feel in any danger. Watching your video, it looks like you'll be quite comfortable on that line. You'll see small climbs, mildly rocky and muddy stream beds (rocks=traction), slick turns and a couple of small (ride right over sized) logs. And turns, in each of those situations. That's where the points will come...

Mud, water and rocks are not a problem... This is a larger version of my avatar... About a 1/4 mile of trail flooded by a beaver dam with softball size rocks under the muddy water the whole way rode it with my feet on the pegs and no dabs much to the dismay of the Quad riders I was with who were playing let's see if we can get the two wheeler stuck all day.

Another muddy rutted trail that I cleaned

I'm thinking that if I can do this on a 350# Dual Sport riding a 200# trials bike should be a breeze. (I know that statement is going to come back to haunt me)
'80 Suzuki GS850G, '74 Honda MT250 Enduro
'71 Kawasaki 100,1971 Honda SL70, Sears Mini Bike
SnoDrtRider is offline   Reply With Quote