Thread: How to turn?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 06:27 AM   #69
Sting32
Trials Evangelist

Oddometer: 1,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoDrtRider View Post
Mud, water and rocks are not a problem... This is a larger version of my avatar... About a 1/4 mile of trail flooded by a beaver dam with softball size rocks under the muddy water the whole way rode it with my feet on the pegs and no dabs much to the dismay of the Quad riders I was with who were playing let's see if we can get the two wheeler stuck all day.

Another muddy rutted trail that I cleaned

I'm thinking that if I can do this on a 350# Dual Sport riding a 200# trials bike should be a breeze. (I know that statement is going to come back to haunt me)
You will be a natural, I think trials will be a perfect fit if you like challenges that aren't based on speed parts.

It is hard (for me at least) to convey nuances over the forums... You need to get yourself that at least semi Local "buddy" that rides trials WELL, and will make sure you work on techniques "right". I have seen it too often; send a guy home with notes on what to practice. They come out the following weekend, having drilled themselves for hours, BUT DOING IT ALL WRONG. which can be worse than not knowing how to do some basics. lol.

Sting32 screwed with this post 10-23-2012 at 06:28 AM Reason: Sorry Mr Pierce!
Sting32 is offline   Reply With Quote